I’m just going to start off by saying that one pan or one pot meals are my absolute favorite. Right up there next to crock pot and Instant Pot meals.
They just make things so easy for cleanup not having a ton of dishes to do after dinner.
Also, they make for super easy prep too because most of the time everything is even stirred or added into the one pot and you don’t have extra bowls or anything to cleanup while the food is cooking.
These kind of meals are especially great in my current state: 13 days postpartum and still recovering from my c-section. Just throw everything into a foil packet and into the oven.
With my currently sleepless nights with the new baby and days with the other 3 little running around, I don’t have too much time to prep a bunch of food like I did before or the patience for cleanup afterwards.
Of course, eventually I’ll get back into a normal routine and cooking more for my family… but maybe not for a few months until everything settles down and I get a new routine together with all the kids and get used to being a mom to 2 under 2 and 3 under 4.
Anyway, shrimp scampi is one of my favorite seafood dishes. It’s super easy to make and the lemon butter flavored sauce is just amazing.
Now, while I absolutely love pasta, I wanted to lighten up this classic dish a little by making it without the pasta because I am now full on into “let’s lose the baby weight” mode.
The struggle is real.
However, you can absolutely make some pasta to serve the shrimp over. Or even make some spiralized zucchini noodles and use those instead. Oh that’s a good idea… I should have thought about that before. haha
Shrimp Scampi in Foil
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 lbs shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 2 cans (14 oz) artichoke hearts quartered
- 1 medium lemon sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet add breadcrumbs and 1 tsp. olive oil. Heat breadcrumbs over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and place in bowl with lemon zest and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine; set aside.
- Prepare baking sheet by tearing off large sheet of foil (enough to cover baking sheet) and placing on bottom and turning edges up slightly to create a bowl. Tear second sheet of same size.
- Add shrimp to foil baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top evenly with butter, artichoke hearts, lemon slices, oregano, and minced garlic.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and parsley then drizzle with white wine and remaining olive oil.
- Place second sheet of foil on top and curl all sides together to create a packet; leaving room for air to circulate.
- Bake foil packet in 375° F oven for 15 minutes or until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and carefully open packet. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture and serve immediately.