Happy Monday everyone!
How has you weekend been going so far? Mine has been amazing! It’s been so nice this weekend… finally after a few warm days, then cold days, then warm again.
I’ve been outside literally all weekend just playing with my babies outside on the patio, taking them to the park, and we might possibly go to the beach today.
I’m still on the fence about that though because it’s just me and 2 kids and that’s a lot to handle by yourself without the help of the hubby. Plus, Memorial Day is notorious for being one of the busiest beach days of the year.
I dunno… maybe we’ll still go.
I’ve got a little bit more schoolwork to finish up this morning before we head to do anything.
On a side note, I am almost finished with my master’s degree! I can’t believe it’s almost done and I only have 2 1/2 more classes left.
Seriously the last 2 years have flown by! Now, just what am I going to do with an MBA… I have no idea.
Maybe when the hubby graduates residency and we get settled wherever in the US we end up next, I’ll go back to work part-time or something.
If we do end up heading to the beach in a few short hours, then I’m going to whip up some of this salad to take with me.
It’s so easy and delicious and will definitely keep me satisfied while there.
It’s also much healthier than grabbing a handful of chips or whatever. Yea, that sounds like a plan.
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts drained
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 cup kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 8 oz feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until just combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine shallots, artichokes, tomatoes, cucumbers, and half of the feta cheese. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat.
- Top with remaining feta, serve, and enjoy!