Today is my baby shower!
Well… not a real baby shower… I’ve already had 2 of those and since this is my third child (OMG I seriously cannot believe I am about to have 3 children!) a couple of my blogger friends decided to throw me a virtual baby shower.
We decided that there wasn’t going to be a theme and we would just share a recipe that we would bring to a baby shower.
Personally, I went the savory route. Because I know that most people bring sweets and treats to a baby shower… and you’ve got to have something savory there or you leave feeling like you just ate an entire bowl of sugar. Which is never a good thing.
Oh if only I could have a drink right now, I would have totally made a baby shower sangria or fun cocktail.
Anyway, Mary from Goodie Godmother made some beautiful gender reveal cookies that are crusted with pink and blue sprinkles and then when you break them open they are filled with pink or blue frosting.
And Meaghan from Cook Craft Love made a gorgeous gender reveal cake! Since I already know what I am having, she filled it with all the same color M&M’s.
(If you want to know, head over to her blog to see!)
And I’m here making all the savory, appetizer type things. But with goat cheese. Because goat cheese is probably my favorite cheese. Then I blended the goat cheese with a roasted red pepper and some parmesan cheese and topped a crostini with it.
OMG so delish!
I had to seriously stop myself from dipping my finger into the food processor and eating all of it before I had a chance to photograph it and it bring it to the table.
Then the hubby came home from work and decided that roasted red pepper & goat cheese crostini were good enough to be his dinner.
He only ate that. All of that and nothing else. haha
I also just found out that a couple friends are pregnant and I will definitely be making this again to bring to their real baby shower. I promise this time not to almost eat it all before bringing it to their shower.
Goat cheese and roasted red pepper just go so well together, I don’t know why I didn’t make this before.
Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Crostini
- 1 red bell pepper roasted *
- 11 oz goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 French baguette sliced and toasted
- Preheat oven to 500° F. Place red pepper on baking sheet and bake on top rack for 20-30 minutes until pepper is charred. Remove from oven and cover with foil for about 10 minutes to let the steam soften the skin and peppers.
- While pepper is steaming, slice baguette on diagonal and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 450° F until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven.
- Uncover peppers, peel off the skin and remove stem and seeds. Chop into large pieces and place into food processor with goat cheese, basil leaves, and parmesan cheese and blend until smooth.
- Assemble crostini by scooping about 1 Tbsp goat cheese mixture and spreading onto toasted crostini. Top with additional basil leaves and fresh grated parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.