Chai tea lattes are one of my favorite drinks to make and order when I’m heading to the coffee shop. I just love the flavor of all the different spices that are in the drink.
So when I saw a recipe for this chai spiced bread in a Christmas cookbook that I have on my shelf, I just knew I had to make it and share it with you guys.
This bread is literally like the food version of your favorite chai drink. It’s a quick loaf bread, like banana bread that comes together in about an hour and tastes just as good as it makes your house smell.
It’s soft and moist with just a hint of cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves to make it festive for the holidays.
I actually made this bread for the first time while my mom was visiting to help us with the kiddos while I had the new baby. She loved it and the sweet glaze I topped it with was just, literally, the icing on the cake.
This bread is great as a snack, just as it is, or slightly warmed in the microwave and eaten for a sweet little breakfast treat in the morning with a steaming cup of tea or coffee.
I’ve done both.
This bread would also be great made into muffin form and topped with a sweet glaze or streusel and taken to any of the plethora of holiday parties I’m sure you’re attending this year.
Me, not so much.
With a new baby I don’t plan on doing much but hunkering down in the warm house and just snuggling on the couch. With this bread, a good book, or binge watching my favorite shows, and a hot mug of tea when the baby naps.
Chai Spiced Bread
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, tea and milk until well combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves until just combined. Spread evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, stir together frosting ingredients until melted and combined. Pour over cooled bread.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!