It’s officially soup season and I could not be more excited! I mean, honestly, I make soups and chili’s year round but it’s especially nice when the weather starts to feel cooler.
Granted, the cool weather here in Texas is only in the morning and evenings as of now, but I’ll take it. It’s much nicer walking the kids to school in the morning when it’s not 100° outside already.
This slow cooker white chicken chili is my new favorite. I’ve been making it for a couple months now and it just gets better and better each time.
Start by grabbing all your ingredients and dicing the white onion. Crush and mince the garlic cloves then add your spices, white onion, garlic, and chicken broth to a slow cooker.
Add the ranch dressing seasoning then stir to combine. Pour the beans, diced green chilies, and corn into the slow cooker and stir again to combine.
Ya’ll the ranch dressing mix makes this recipe… it is so delicious! Gives a great tang to the creaminess of the chili.
Nestle the chicken breasts into the soupy mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover the slow cooker and set to high for 8 hours.
After 8 hours has passed, remove the chicken breast from the crock pot to a clean plate. Shred the chicken with 2 forks leaving slightly larger chunks.
Taste the broth of the chili and add more salt and pepper, if desired, then add the shredded chicken back to the pot.
Add your cream cheese, heavy cream, and a handful of fresh chopped cilantro. Stir everything to coat the chicken and combine well.
Cover again and cook on high for additional 30 minutes to 1 hour until the cream cheese is melted into the broth. Once it’s done, give one more good stir to make sure all the cream cheese is evenly distributed.
Serve immediately topped with sour cream, limes, avocado slices, more cilantro, hot sauce, or tortilla strips. Enjoy a bowl of this cuddled on the couch wrapped in your favorite blanket!
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 32 oz chicken broth low sodium
- 2 (15 oz) cans white beans drained
- 2 (4 oz) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (15 oz) can corn drained
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- avocado sliced
- tortilla strips
- shredded Mexican cheese
- fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- In a 6-8 quart slow cooker, add the diced onions, garlic, chicken broth, beans, chilies, corn, all spices, and ranch dressing mix. Stir to combine.
- Nestle chicken breasts into the mixture and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Then cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove chicken from crock to a clean plate. Shred with two forks and return to slow cooker. Taste and season again with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add cream cheese, heavy cream, and a handful of fresh cilantro. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until cream cheese is melted into the broth.
- Stir well to fully combine then serve with your desired toppings.
This Post Has 0 Comments