I am in serious need of a new laptop. I just want to chuck mine across the room and be done with it.
This dinosaur took me about 20 minutes just to boot up the other day.
Seriously?!? How is that even possible.
And yes, I say dinosaur as this laptop is easily 6-8 years old.
I can’t remember if I bought it while we were living in South Carolina or before we even left for med school while still in Florida. If the latter is the case then it’s closer to 9-10 years old.
Honestly, I rarely use my laptop. Mostly I just take it on vacation and let it sit in the case (haha), or just to sit on the couch and write posts with, or peruse Amazon for random things.
Actually, perusing Amazon is faster on my phone. Go figure.
And I don’t actually write posts in WordPress… nope… that takes wayyyyy too much time.
If I even think about opening more than one program or tab at once the computer just freezes up and takes for-ev-ver to load.
So I write my posts in OneNote where I keep literally my entire blog life.
If anything were to happen to OneNote, I would be dead in the water.
So anyway, I keep saying that I need a new laptop but I just can’t bring myself to pull the trigger.
If I’m going to upgrade at any point then I would want something that I could actually do work – like photo editing with Photoshop or actual writing in WordPress – with.
Which means that I need something more than just a cheap-o laptop that you just buy, just to buy.
I’ll definitely have to do some thinking on this and see if it’s even something I want to spend my money on.
And if I did buy a good one, would I actually start using it for photo editing?
I would say yes because I hate being stuck in the basement all day. I’d rather be up with the rest of the family enjoying the beautiful summer days.
And making more fun recipes like these quinoa chorizo stuffed peppers.
Quinoa & Chorizo Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 12 oz chorizo
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 1 cup queso fresco divided
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F and spray 8×8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice top off each bell pepper and remove seeds.
- In a skillet, add chorizo and cook until browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in quinoa, 1/2 cup queso fresco, and cilantro.
- Divide filling among the bell peppers. Top each with an equal amount of Mexican cheese.
- Roast at 400° F for 20-25 minutes or until peppers are cooked through. Remove from oven and top with remaining queso fresco.
- Serve immediately.