Happy Monday! It’s time to get back into the grind of the workweek so today I’m sharing a super simple chimichurri recipe.
This might be my new favorite chimichurri because it’s made with tangy tomatillos and beer! Everything is better with beer (and wine)… haha!
Lets’ make this tomatillo IPA chimichurri together.
Start by grabbing your blender or food processor. I’ve made this recipe with either one and it works fine with either.
Roughly chop your veggies – the tomatillos into quarters and parsley into thirds, or abouts.
Add all of the ingredients into the blender or food processor and place the lid on top. Pulse or process on high for about 2-3 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and all the ingredients are fully chopped and incorporated.
Scrape down the sides a few times during if needed to makes sure everything is evenly incorporated.
Taste and add a little more salt and pepper, if desired, then pulse again to incorporate. Pour into an airtight jar or container and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
I love serving this drizzled over my favorite flank steak or I also just dunk some tortilla chips in and eat it like a tomatillo salsa.
It also is delicious drizzled over my whole smoked chicken.
Tomatillo IPA Chimichurri
- 2/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped, packed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup IPA beer
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped, packed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 medium tomatillos cut into quarters
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor.
- Process on high for 2-3 minutes until smooth – scraping down the sides to ensure everything is well incorporated.
- Pour into airtight glass jar and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve drizzled over your favorite steaks and chicken dishes.