My absolute favorite dessert in the entire world would have to be tiramisu! With a close second being a fresh baked, warm apple pie a la mode.
However, when I go out to eat and feel like ordering dessert… usually the tiramisu is what I will order.
There is just something about that whipped, sweet mascarpone cheese. With the hint of espresso and the dusting of chocolate on top that I cannot get enough of.
But alas, there is not really a need to keep a whole cake in the fridge for whenever the craving hits. I mean, if I did that then I would give into my craving way more often than I should.
So in comes this tiramisu protein shake.
I knew there needed to be a way to get all that great tiramisu flavor into something healthy like a protein shake that I could just whip up on a moment’s notice… and not feel guilty about when eating.
This tiramisu protein shake fits the bill perfectly. It has the sweet tiramisu, mascarpone, espresso, and chocolate flavor that I am looking for but just in smoothie form.
And it only takes about 2.3 minutes to whip together in the blender and you’re ready to go!
So now I keep mascarpone cheese on hand at all times, just for this occasion – I vote that you should too.
Tiramisu Protein Shake
- 10 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 Tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 1/2 cup ice
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend on high for 30 seconds until desired consistency is reached.
- If smoothie is too thick, add a little more almond milk or water and blend again.
- If smoothie is too thin, add a little more ice and blend again.