Here we are… officially less than 24 hours out from finally having my last baby and I could not be more excited!
I am a bit nervous, though, for the first time out of all the c-sections I’ve had. I’m not nervous about anything with the surgery except the drugs that they give me in my spinal because they just make me so sick and feel terrible.
Besides that, the only other thing I am nervous about is if there will be any complications with the baby due to my gestational diabetes.
I’m so glad this is my last pregnancy so I don’t have the chance of going through this diabetes things again… because it’s brutal.
Anyway, since I do have gestational diabetes, my carb intake is being closely monitored and I’m using that as an excuse to make this tequila lime flank steak again for dinner tonight – then I’m calling it my “last meal” before baby… haha.
The hubby and I originally made this last summer when it was beautifully warm and sunny outside. I have to say this might just be my new favorite way to marinate and make steak.
The flavor in it is just to die and my mouth is just watering thinking about the new one already marinating in the fridge.
Even though it’s not warm outside currently, it is sunny and I’ll at least take that – pick your battles, amiright?
Plus, it’s supposed to snow tomorrow while I’m on the way to the hospital and that doesn’t make me very happy. But it’s supposed to be back into the 60°s once I’m released… so much yes!
So head to your local grocery store and grab yourself a nice flank steak and some tequila and get your marinade and grill on with this delicious steak.
Tequila Lime Flank Steak
- 3 heads garlic chopped
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup blanco tequila
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 lb flank steak
- In a large gallon sized bag, add garlic, lime juice, tequila, soy sauce, cilantro, jalapeño, black pepper, and cumin.
- Add steak, seal bag and mix together to combine and coat steak.
- Place into refrigerator and let marinate for about 2-3 hours.
- When ready to cook: preheat grill to medium-high. Remove steak from marinade (keep marinade) bag and place on grill. Cook for 4-6 minutes per side for medium-rare or longer for desired doneness.
- Remove steak from grill and let rest on cutting board for 5 minutes.
- While steak is cooking, add marinade from bag into a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat to just simmering, let simmer for 2-3 minutes, then strain and reserve.
- Slice steak against the grain and serve immediately with reserved marinade as dressing.