This post was created in partnership with Minute® Ready to Serve Organics. All opinions and text are my own. Thank you for supporting us and the brands that we love.
How is it the middle of July already?! Seriously! This year has absolutely flown by and now I am seeing all the fall things in the stores and it isn’t making me a very happy camper.
I am a lover of all things summer and am taking every chance I get to soak up all the goodness that summer has to offer… despite the fact that they are already trying to rush the next holiday coming up.
This summer has been quite a busy one so far and it does not look like it’s slowing down anytime soon.
The hubby graduated residency, my mom is here visiting and has been for the past few weeks, and now I just heard that my two little sisters (I say little because they are younger than me but are definitely not little, haha) are coming to visit.
They decided to come at the perfect time too because Stefan has that week off work and we’re planning a trip to Cedar Point to ride all the roller coasters!
Finally, someone who loves to ride roller coasters as much as I do! Seriously the last time we went to Cedar Point I ended up having to ride some of them alone because Stefan is a little afraid of heights and refused to go on them.
Anyway, since this summer has been incredibly busy I’ve been keeping my summer lunch and dinner menus super easy and quick to make.
The sun doesn’t set here until almost 10pm and having to go inside and slave away at the stove for a few hours to make a meal just doesn’t make me want to cook when the sun is shining and it’s a gorgeous 75° outside.
I’ve written about Minute® Rice in the past and I truly mean it when I say that I love this rice and always have some in the pantry. I tend to be forgetful with some of my side dishes or when making rice for a meal.
Thankfully Minute® Rice always has my back and can be made in less than 5 minutes. Now, Minute® has a Ready to Serve line that includes: Minute Ready to Serve Organics, White & Red Quinoa, and gluten-free Multi-Grain Medley. They are perfect portion controlled servings so you don’t make too much for one person and your kids don’t fight over who got more rice.
I also love them because I can just heat up one of their new Ready to Serve packages and throw in some veggies or beans (like I did for this recipe) and have an instant, quick lunch or snack.
My kids are literally addicted to rice and whenever I make it, it’s always a hit.
For this recipe, I made a quick stir fry of veggies and seared a steak in a cast iron pan.
You can totally grill yours on the grill if you’d prefer and the only reason I didn’t for this was because it was raining outside.
Lame… I know.
After letting the steak rest, slice it and serve alongside the veggies over a bed of rice with some black beans mixed in.
Quick, simple lunch or dinner and you’re back out enjoying summer!
Steak Fajita Rice Bowls
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 medium poblano peppers sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 2 cups white rice cooked, warm
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans drained
- 1/4 cup queso fresco
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Season steak on both sides with salt, pepper, chili powder, and ground cumin.
- Place steak in hot pan and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, turning once until desired doneness is reached.
- Remove steak to plate or cutting board and loosely cover with tin foil while you cook the veggies.
- Using the same cast iron pan, reduce heat to medium, and drizzle additional 1 Tbsp olive oil into pan and add chopped onions and peppers.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 8-10 minutes until peppers are soft and onions are slightly translucent.
- While veggies are cooking, stir can of black beans in with warm rice. Divide equally among four bowls. Top each bowl with cooked peppers and onions.
- Remove foil from steak and slice evenly across grain. Distribute evenly among four bowls.
- Finish by topping with small amount of crumbled queso fresco cheese. Serve and enjoy!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Organics.