get new posts via email:
I found a photo of some rainbow pancakes not too long ago and just HAD to make them for the kiddos for breakfast.
They were so bright and colorful and just looked fun to make, so I’m bringing them to you.
These pancakes aren’t really anything special except that they are fun colors and stacked into a rainbow.
I just used the basic box pancake mix for these and then separated them into different bowls and added food coloring to change the color of the batter.
They are great for a quick weekend breakfast when you don’t feel like making pancakes or waffles or whatever from scratch but still want to make something a little special.
Plus, who can resist rainbow colored pancakes?!
Basic pancakes kicked up a notch and made into the different colors of the rainbow for a fun weekend breakfast!
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- food coloring
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or electric griddle to 375°F; grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir together pancake mix, milk, eggs and vanilla extract until blended.
- Evenly separate the batter into 6 smaller bowls and add food coloring to get your desired colors.
- Pour about 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle and cook until edges bubbly and edges are slightly done. Turn; cook additional 1-2 minutes and pancakes are done.
- Stack on serving plates and serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Snap a photo and mention @JenniferMeyering
join the conversation
10 Comments //