Oh delicious pumpkin beer. It’s one of my favorite things about the fall and winter seasons.
Really I am a lover of all beer, with IPA’s being my absolute. But pumpkin beer is a nice change of pace during the short months that it is around.
I’ve always loved cooking with beer, but currently lack the skills or knowledge of different ways to incorporate it more into my cooking than just adding it to some soup or slow cooking some meat with it.
However, I’m slowly learning more and more tricks of the trade thanks to the beautiful Beeroness, Jackie Dodd.
This woman is a genius and someone I look up to in the blogging, cooking, and beer world. She is amazing and all of her recipes have beer in them!
Seriously, best thing ever!
So when I saw a picture of her beer waffles on pinterest, I knew I had to give them a try. Beer for breakfast? Why not?
I originally made these on a Monday morning. Clearly trying to set the tone to have a good week. Though I can’t remember if it actually turned out to be a good week or not?
Though I’m sure that it did because it involved these waffles and beer on a Monday morning. A combination you cannot go wrong with.
Pumpkin Beer Waffles
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup pumpkin beer
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- Divide eggs between two bowls, adding the egg yolks to the dry mixture and the egg whites to a clean bowl. Finish adding milk, pumpkin puree, butter, and beer to dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Using a hand mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, about 5-6 minutes. Fold egg whites into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour mixture by 1/3 – 1/2 cup fulls onto hot waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s directions. Remove from waffle iron and serve immediately with favorite topping.