You guys! I made wine pops! Today is an exciting day!
As I’ve mentioned before, the girls and I get together for weekly bachelor(ette) nights and I always make some kind of treat or dessert. And of course we always have wine.
This time I wanted to try something different than just having wine at our bachelorette night and I honestly never thought making wine pops was possible.
I mean, I’ve definitely tried freezing alcohol in the past for various things and it usually never worked.
Probably because I’ve only tried to freeze hard liquor, which of course won’t work (well it will but depends on the alcohol content, of which I didn’t care about back 10+ years ago) but I had never tried to freeze wine.
Anyway, after seeing all these wine popsicles and sangria pops all over Pinterest, I decided that I must try again!
I took my original peach mango sangria recipe, just omitted the vodka, poured it into popsicle molds and viola! Wine pops!
You have no idea how excited I am that these turned out and are amazingly good.
This recipe makes about 8-10 popsicles depending on how many peach slices you want to add to the molds and they will be gone just as fast as you can pull them out of the molds once they’re frozen.
Peach Wine Pops
- 3 peaches fresh
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 Tbsp peach schnapps
- 1-2 Tbsp stevia or sweetener of choice
- Pit and roughly slice 2 peaches and place in blender with wine, peach schnapps, and stevia. Blend until smooth; about 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Pit and thinly slice remaining peach.
- Pour puree mixture into popsicle molds, filling each about 1/2 way full. Place 1-2 peach slices into each mold and top with any remaining puree mixture. Cover and insert popsicle sticks.
- Freeze until fully set, about 4-6 hours. Enjoy!