Hey there, fellow cocktail enthusiast! 🍹 It’s been a rollercoaster of a few months for me, with life’s twists and turns, but I’m back with a treat that’s bound to make you smile. I call it the Maple Bourbon Apple Sipper, and trust me, it’s a warm, cozy hug in a glass that you’re going to adore.
Now, I’ve been falling head over heels for bourbon lately. Its dark, velvety depths have a certain charm that’s hard to resist. And when you pair it up with the crisp apple vibes of the season, you’re in for a treat.
Table of Contents
A little backstory for you – our friends brought over a bottle of bourbon a while back during a cozy house get-together. It was one of those evenings where laughter filled the air, and you couldn’t help but feel grateful for good company and great spirits.
Fast forward to a few days ago, I stumbled upon that bottle of bourbon in the cabinet and had an ‘aha’ moment. Why not blend it with some apple cider, a touch of maple syrup for sweetness, a splash of lemon for a zingy balance, and create a cocktail that drinks like liquid gold?
You see, my kids adore apple cider when it’s in season, and we always have a bunch of fresh apples at hand. Add a dash of maple syrup for sweetness, a splash of lemon for a little tang, and voilà! You’ve got a drink that slides down your throat like the nectar of the gods.
But wait, there’s more! You can always adjust the bourbon to your liking. This recipe makes four servings with 1.5 oz of bourbon in each, but if you’re feeling adventurous, you can float an extra 0.5 oz on top for a mesmerizing layering effect.
Throw in a sprig of fresh thyme for garnish, and you’ve got yourself a Maple Bourbon Apple Sipper that’s perfect for your next get-together or simply for those moments when you crave a sweet, indulgent cocktail.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
Speaking of cravings, let me tell you why this Maple Bourbon Apple Sipper is the ultimate fall companion.
It’s like having a sip of the season itself – the comforting embrace of bourbon, the crispness of apples, and the gentle sweetness of maple syrup come together in a symphony of flavors that’ll leave you longing for more.
Here’s what you’ll need to create this autumnal masterpiece:
- 3 medium apples: These provide the fresh, fruity base for our sipper.
- 1 cup of water: Helps blend the apples into a silky puree.
- 1/2 cup of apple cider: Adds that authentic apple essence.
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice: A zesty touch to balance the sweetness.
- 1.5 tablespoons of maple syrup: The secret ingredient for that cozy sweetness.
- 6 oz of bourbon: The star of the show, lending its rich, caramel notes to the mix.
More Bourbon Recipes
Substitutions & Additions
Feeling creative? Here are a few tweaks you can make to suit your preferences:
- Honey for maple syrup: If you’re out of maple syrup, honey works as a delightful alternative.
- Cinnamon: For an extra layer of warmth, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon into your blend.
- Sparkling water: If you prefer a fizzy sipper, top it up with some sparkling water.
How to Make this Recipe
Creating your Maple Bourbon Apple Sipper is a breeze. Just follow these simple steps:
- Blend the Magic: Toss the apple slices, water, apple cider, lemon juice, and maple syrup into your trusty blender. Whirr away until it’s all smooth and harmonious – about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Strain and Sip: Grab a fine mesh strainer and pour your apple blend through it into a pitcher. This strains out any pesky solids, leaving you with pure, silky goodness.
- Bourbon Bliss: Now, add that wonderful bourbon to the pitcher and give it a gentle stir. You’re almost there!
- Serve with Flair: Fill your rocks glass with ice, pour in your Maple Bourbon Apple Sipper, and garnish with apple slices and a sprig of fresh thyme. It’s the finishing touch that makes it all feel extra special.
Cooking Tips & Tricks
- Chill the Glass: To keep your sipper refreshingly cold, pop your rocks glass in the freezer for a few minutes before serving.
- Extra Lemon Zest: For an extra citrusy kick, zest some lemon peel over the top before garnishing.
- Virgin Version: If you prefer a non-alcoholic version, skip the bourbon and savor the apple goodness as a mocktail.
What’s a cozy cocktail without a delightful pairing?
I’d recommend serving your Maple Bourbon Apple Sipper alongside a plate of warm, spiced apple turnovers or a charcuterie board with a variety of cheeses and nuts. The sweet and savory combo is pure heaven.
Now, what if you have some of this delicious sipper left over? No worries, it can be stored in the fridge for up to two days. Just give it a good stir before pouring yourself another glass.
Can I use a different type of whiskey instead of bourbon? Absolutely! While bourbon adds a unique depth, you can experiment with your favorite whiskey for a different twist.
Can I make a large batch for a party? Of course! Simply scale up the ingredients to cater to your guest list and make it in advance for easy hosting.
Can I skip the thyme garnish? Of course, you can! The thyme adds a hint of earthiness, but your sipper will still be delightful without it.
More Inspired Recipes
And there you have it, my friends – the Maple Bourbon Apple Sipper, a delightful concoction that captures the essence of fall in every sip.
Whether you’re gathering with friends or just looking to treat yourself, this cozy cocktail is the perfect companion for the season. So, raise your glass and toast to autumn’s warm embrace. Cheers! 🍁🥃
Maple Bourbon Apple Sipper
- 3 medium apples cored and sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 6 oz bourbon
- apple slices
- fresh thyme
- In a blender, add apple slices, water, apple cider, lemon juice, and maple syrup.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds to 1 minutes until smooth.
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer, to filter solids, into a pitcher.
- Add bourbon and stir to combine.
- Serve in ice-filled rocks glass garnished with fresh slices of apple and thyme sprigs, if desired.