I bought a new suitcase yesterday! I know, I know… it has nothing to do with this beautiful Mango Glazed Bundt Cake you see here but whatevs.
It’s been more than a year since our last vacation and were finally taking another trip in a couple weeks. And this vacation is going to be kid free!
So I went to do a little shopping for the vacation. We’re going back to Florida and since it’s still snowing here in Michigan. I’m in need of a few warmer weather clothing items.
Plus, the fact that I just had a baby 4 months ago (omg, its been 4 months already?!?) and the fact that not all of my summer clothes fit yet.
So I went to TJ Maxx and Target, really the only two places we have in this small town to shop at, and I just casually decided to walk through the suitcase section. I don’t need a suitcase but I felt browsing wouldn’t hurt. Well, I was wrong. Haha
I spotted this gorgeous hounds tooth under seat bag on the top shelf and knew I just had to have it. I’ve never really had a proper carry-on for the plane and usually just grabbed whatever bag would fit my camera and laptop then felt like such a klutz when going through security and having to pull everything out, take things off, go through the detectors, and then scramble to grab all your stuff and put it back on without holding up the line.
Ugh… such a cluster.
So when I saw that bag, I just knew I had to have it because it was the perfect size to fit my camera bag and laptop together without carrying two things. Just have the one cute roller bag and not feel so flustered and rushed at the airport.
Now I’m fully prepared for our little mini-vacation to Florida and cannot wait to get down there and soak up the sun, lounging poolside, drinking cocktails, and doing nothing for a little while.
And here’s a recipe for a mango glazed bundt cake that I made a while back. I actually made this recipe for the first time when we lived in South Carolina but I wasn’t food blogging back then. Now that I am, here it is.
Mango Glazed Bundt Cake
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cup mangoes fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease bundt pan by buttering and flouring.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using electric beaters, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing between each addition and scraping down sides of pan. Mix in vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and stir to combine. Add milk and mix well being sure not to over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake at 350° F for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cake cool completely in the pan. After cooling, invert cake onto plate or wire rack.
- While cake is cooling, add mangoes, sugar and cream cheese to blender and blend on high until thick and smooth.
- Spoon mango topping over top of cake, slice and serve!