Sheet pan and one pot meals are some of my absolute favorites… right there behind crock pot meals. This honey pineapple chicken is just that and makes the perfect weeknight meal.
I’m not usually a fan of cooked pineapple but it works really well in this recipe. I think because it’s cooked at a high enough temperature that it keeps it’s crisp bite without getting too mushy.
I’ve tried pineapple upside down cake and all the other warm things and I just can’t do it. Here, I love it. Can’t get enough.
Start by preheating your oven to 400° F and spraying a sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Or lining with foil first for easier cleanup and then spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, ketchup, melted butter, and garlic until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Evenly distribute the diced chicken thighs around the sheet pan then drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper, rubbing in. Bake the naked chicken thighs at 400° F for about 15 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and evenly distribute the pineapple, bell peppers, and broccoli around the pan and chicken thighs. Then take the delicious sauce you whisked together and generously baste everything on the pan.
Place back in the oven and back for additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn it to broil or 500° F, whichever is hotter for your oven.
Generously baste everything in the pan again with more sauce and put back into the oven. Broil for about 10 minutes or until the edges of the veggies and chicken start to turn brown and get crispy.
Remove from oven and baste again with the remaining sauce mixture. Sprinkle with your fresh chopped parsley and some sesame seeds or everything bagel seasoning.
Let the pan cool for a couple minutes, then toss everything one last time before serving.
I served this over a bed of rice for the kiddos but it would work well with some smashed potatoes instead. You could also just eat it on its own.
Honey Pineapple Chicken
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs diced
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 large red bell peppers sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a sheet pan with foil then spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, ketchup, butter, garlic until combined. Season with salt and pepper and whisk together.
- Place the diced chicken thighs evenly around the sheet pan, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake at 400° F for 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan form the oven and evenly distribute the pineapple, bell peppers, and broccoli around the pan. Baste everything generously with sauce mixture.
- Place back in oven and bake for additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn the oven to broil. Baste everything on the pan again generously with more sauce.
- Broil for 8-10 minutes or until the tops of the peppers and broccoli are starting to get a little charred on the ends.
- Remove from oven and baste again with remaining sauce mixture. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and sesame seeds.
- Let cool for a couple minutes before serving over a bed of rice.