As of today, I have t-minus 21 days until this baby is born! I am beyond excited and I am just hoping and praying that these last 3 weeks fly by… as being pregnant is not something I enjoy.
Especially now that I have gestational diabetes with this last one.
I’m to that point in the pregnancy where everything hurts, I cannot sleep – despite the position I am in or how exhausted I am, I am unable to eat very much in one sitting because my stomach is being squished by a tiny human, and I cannot breath because said tiny human is squishing my lungs also.
I just feel so stretched out and uncomfortable. Ugh.
Sorry to all the mommas out there that love pregnancy… but it’s just not for me. I absolutely love my kids and everything that comes after pregnancy, just not the pregnancy itself.
Also… cannot drink. And with three little running around already, this momma needs a glass of wine every once in a while.
Oh and did I mention the gestational diabetes?
But I digress.
I made these coconut curry beef & rice bowls the other night for dinner and they were a big hit with the fam! Due to my gestational diabetes, I could not enjoy as much rice as you see here but it definitely did not go to waste. The kids love rice and will eat it plain, all day, every day if I let them.
Except the baby, she had three helping of the beef curry mixture… haha.
This is another super simple recipe to make and takes only one pan – unless you need to cook the rice, then you’ll need a pot for the rice and a pan for the beef. But hey, two pans and little cleanup for dinner is still a win in my book.
Throw everything into a pan, let it simmer and all the flavors to meld together, then serve over a bed of rice… boom done.
This recipe also stores well in the fridge for a few days, so it’s great for a meal prep. You can just double or triple the recipe as needed then divide the mixture and rice among separate, air tight containers and store for the week. Then just warm in the microwave when you’re ready to eat and you’re good to go.
Coconut Curry Beef & Rice Bowls
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 (14.5 oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- jasmine rice cooked
- 1 small cucumber sliced
- 2 medium limes quartered
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add curry paste and cook until warmed through and fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, and cloves; stir to combine.
- Add ground beef and stir to combine all ingredients and break apart beef.
- Bring to boil; stirring frequently to continue to break apart beef and cook through.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and discard cinnamon stick.
- Serve over bed of rice with cucumber slices and squeeze 1/4 lime over top.