Hey there! Today, I want to share a fantastic breakfast recipe with you that’s both healthy and oh-so-delicious – Cinnamon Banana Protein Pancakes! If you’re looking for a breakfast that’s easy to make, nutritious, and satisfies your taste buds, this recipe is just what you need.
These pancakes are made with wholesome ingredients like old-fashioned oats, bananas, cottage cheese, eggs, and a hint of warm, comforting ground cinnamon.
So, let’s dive in and create a scrumptious morning treat that you and your loved ones will adore.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Healthier Breakfast: These pancakes are a guilt-free way to start your day, providing essential nutrients from the oats, bananas, cottage cheese, and eggs.
- Protein-Packed: The combination of cottage cheese and eggs makes these pancakes a protein powerhouse, keeping you satisfied until lunchtime.
- Delicious Flavor: The sweet and spiced flavors of banana and cinnamon complement each other perfectly, creating a delightful taste experience.
- Quick and Easy: You’ll only need a few simple ingredients and minimal preparation time to whip up a batch of these pancakes in no time.
- Old-Fashioned Oats: Rich in fiber and essential nutrients, oats give these pancakes a hearty texture and nutty flavor.
- Banana: Adds natural sweetness and moisture to the pancakes while providing potassium and vitamins.
- Cottage Cheese: High in protein and low in fat, cottage cheese makes these pancakes wonderfully fluffy and satisfying.
- Eggs: The binding agent that holds everything together and adds even more protein to the mix.
- Ground Cinnamon: Infuses the pancakes with a warm and comforting aroma, perfect for cozy mornings.
Substitutions & Additions
Feel free to make these pancakes your own by trying these substitutions and additions:
- Gluten-Free Option: Swap old-fashioned oats with gluten-free oats for a celiac-friendly version.
- Vegan Twist: Substitute eggs with flax eggs and use plant-based cottage cheese to make it vegan-friendly.
- Extra Fruits: Add a handful of blueberries, diced apples, or chopped nuts to the pancake batter for added texture and flavor.
How to Make this Recipe
- In a blender, combine old-fashioned oats, banana, cottage cheese, eggs, and ground cinnamon.
- Blend until you get a smooth pancake batter consistency.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and lightly grease it with cooking spray or butter.
- Pour the batter onto the pan to form small pancakes, about 3-4 inches in diameter.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate and serve them warm.
Cooking Tips & Tricks
- For even cooking, keep the pancake size consistent.
- To avoid sticking, use a non-stick pan or a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet.
- Play around with the amount of ground cinnamon to suit your taste preference – a little goes a long way!
Serve these Cinnamon Banana Protein Pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup, a dollop of Greek yogurt, and a sprinkle of fresh berries on top. You can also add a dusting of powdered sugar or a spoonful of nut butter for an extra indulgence.
If you have any leftovers (which might be rare!), store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. You can also store then in a ziploc bag in the freezer for up to a month.
You can reheat them in the microwave or toaster for a quick breakfast on busy mornings.
- Can I freeze the pancake batter? Yes, you can! Pour the leftover batter into a freezer-safe container and freeze it for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.
- Can I use steel-cut oats instead of old-fashioned oats? While it’s best to stick with old-fashioned oats for a smoother texture, you can use steel-cut oats if you prefer a heartier pancake.
- Can I skip the ground cinnamon? Of course, you can, but keep in mind that the cinnamon adds a wonderful flavor and aroma to the pancakes.
In conclusion, these Cinnamon Banana Protein Pancakes are a delightful and nutritious way to kickstart your day. With their blend of healthy ingredients and delicious taste, they are sure to become a favorite in your household as well.
So, the next time you’re in the mood for a cozy and satisfying breakfast, whip up a batch of these pancakes and enjoy every scrumptious bite! Happy cooking!
Cinnamon Banana Protein Pancakes
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat electric griddle to medium and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add oats to blender and blend on high for about 30 seconds until a powder, or flour, is formed. Add rest of ingredients and blend again until combined and batter like texture.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto hot griddle and cook until bubbles start to form on top and edges begin to set; about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook through.
- Serve immediately with extra banana slices and your favorite topping.