I swear that the laundry is a never ending task. There is always something that needs to be washed, even if I just did all the laundry in the house.
And I currently only have 2 kids. I can only imagine how much more I’m going to have to do once this new baby arrives.
Ugh, and baby laundry is even more never-ending.
Anyway, the hubby was in the mood for burgers the other night for dinner and I really wanted some homemade chicken parmesan.
It’s been some years since I made some homemade chicken parmesan but with the hubby wanting burgers, I thought it would be a sweet idea to combine the two ideas… and these chicken parmesan burgers were born.
Burgers are definitely in my top 10 favorite foods and there are literally limitless ways that you can make and top a burger.
Whenever we head out to do some shopping as a family and we almost always grab dinner while we are out.
I mean, we have to drive 45 minutes just to get some good shopping, so we usually make a day of it and grab lunch or dinner while we are out.
The hubbs is in charge of picking the dinner spots, usually, and always asks what I’m in the mood for and the answer is usually a good burger of some kind.
You really cannot go wrong with a good burger.
These chicken parm burgers are made with a chicken burger base and then topped with marinara sauce, melted parmesan cheese, and fresh basil.
It’s like taking your classic chicken parmesan dish and just making it a little more portable and eating it with your hands instead of a fork and knife.
And there’s definitely nothing wrong with that.
Chicken Parmesan Burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, marinara, rosemary, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each into burger patty.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is nice and hot, place burger patties in the pan. Cook for 4-6 minutes per side, turning only once, or until chicken is cooked through.
- During the last minute of cooking, add sliced mozzarella cheese to top of burgers and let melt. Remove from heat.
- Place burger patty on hamburger bun and top with marinara sauce then small amount of shredded Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.