Hey there, pancake enthusiast! If you’re anything like me, you believe that pancakes are a surefire way to make any day feel special. And what’s better than pancakes?
Pancakes with sprinkles, of course! That’s why I’m excited to share my latest creation with you – Cake Batter Funfetti Pancakes.
So, here’s the backstory: I had a box of yellow cake mix sitting in my pantry, and the idea of turning it into pancakes sprinkled with rainbow goodness struck me. I thought, “Yellow cake mix instead of white? It can’t make that much of a difference, right?”
Well, as you can see from the vibrant, slightly yellowish hue of these pancakes, it did make a difference – but hey, they turned out pretty and absolutely delicious.
Table of Contents
What Exactly Are Cake Batter Funfetti Pancakes?
These pancakes are like a party on your breakfast plate! They’re a delightful blend of fluffy pancake goodness and the unmistakable flavor of cake batter.
Imagine the sweet aroma of a bakery in your kitchen, paired with the cheerful colors of rainbow sprinkles. It’s breakfast and dessert all rolled into one!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
Picture this: you’re cozied up in your kitchen, flipping these golden discs of happiness. The sound of sizzling pancakes fills the air, and the scent of cake batter wafts through your home. These pancakes are your ticket to breakfast bliss.
Now, let’s break down why you’ll fall head over heels for this recipe:
- Fun and Festive: These pancakes bring a party vibe to your morning. Who can resist the allure of rainbow sprinkles?
- Easy-Breezy: No need to be a culinary wizard. Just follow the simple steps, and you’ll have a stack of picture-perfect pancakes in no time.
- Versatile: While they’re fantastic for everyday breakfasts, these pancakes can also be your secret weapon for a special birthday morning or brunch with friends.
Other Funfetti Recipes
Here’s your pancake party lineup:
- 1 box cake mix: Yellow or white, your choice!
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour: For that perfect pancake texture.
- 2 tsp baking powder: The secret to fluffiness.
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar: To sweeten the deal.
- 1/2 tsp salt: A pinch to enhance flavors.
- 1/3 cup canola oil: For that irresistible melt-in-your-mouth quality.
- 3 eggs: The binding agents that hold everything together.
- 2 1/2 cups milk: To create that luscious pancake batter.
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles: The stars of the show!
Substitutions & Additions
Feel free to get creative with your pancake masterpiece. Here are a few ideas:
- Cake Mix: Yellow, white, or even chocolate – experiment with your favorite.
- Milk: Swap in almond milk, soy milk, or any milk alternative if you prefer.
- Sprinkles: Customize your sprinkles to match your mood or the occasion.
How to Make this Recipe
Making these pancakes is as easy as whipping up your morning coffee. In a large stand mixer with the paddle attachment, toss in all your pancake ingredients. Let them mingle until you have a smooth, luscious batter – about 1-2 minutes. Then, gently fold in those extra rainbow sprinkles for that extra burst of fun.
Heat up your electric griddle to a toasty medium heat (around 300°F) and give it a quick spritz of non-stick cooking spray. Now, for the fun part – scoop out 1/4 cupfuls of your batter onto the griddle. Watch as bubbles start to form, and then give them a flip. In just 2 more minutes, you’ll have pancakes that are golden on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
But wait, there’s more! In a small bowl or measuring cup, whip up the frosting magic. It’s as simple as stirring together powdered sugar, melted butter, milk, and a touch of vanilla extract. This heavenly drizzle is the crowning glory of your pancake masterpiece.
Cooking Tips & Tricks
Want an extra cakey flavor? Use white cake mix instead of yellow.
For fluffier pancakes, let your batter rest for a few minutes before cooking.
Feeling adventurous? Add a dollop of whipped cream and extra sprinkles on top.
Now, let’s talk toppings! While these pancakes are a party on their own, you can take them to the next level with a few extras:
- A dollop of whipped cream
- Extra rainbow sprinkles for that Insta-worthy look
- A drizzle of maple syrup or chocolate sauce
- Fresh fruit like strawberries or blueberries for a hint of freshness
Got leftovers? These pancakes are so good; you might not have any. But if you do, pop them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge. When you’re ready for more pancake happiness, just reheat them in the microwave or on the griddle.
Can I make these pancakes with a different cake mix flavor? Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with your favorite cake mix flavors.
Can I freeze these pancakes for later? Yes, you can freeze them for a quick and easy breakfast. Just make sure to separate each pancake with parchment paper before freezing.
Can I use gluten-free flour for this recipe? Of course! You can substitute all-purpose flour with your preferred gluten-free flour blend.
More Inspired Recipes
There you have it, a breakfast that’s as fun to make as it is to eat. These Cake Batter Funfetti Pancakes are a delightful way to brighten up your morning or celebrate a special occasion. Whip up a batch, invite some friends over, and let the good times roll. Breakfast will never be the same – it’ll be better!
So, don your apron, grab your mixing bowl, and let’s get flipping. These pancakes are waiting to be the star of your breakfast table. Enjoy!
Cake Batter Funfetti Pancakes
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In large stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add all pancake ingredients and mix until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Fold in the additional sprinkles.
- Heat electric griddle to medium, about 300° F, and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Scoop pancakes batter by 1/4 cupfuls and cook until bubbles begin to form, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for additional 2 minutes. Continue with entire batter.
- In small bowl or measuring cup, add frosting ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Serve pancakes warm with frosting drizzled over top or your favorite topping.