How freaking gorgeous is this pineapple garnish?!? I love it so much!
I need to do more garnishes like this and drinks that are just shorter in the glass. I am absolutely in love with how these photos turned out.
Which is crazy because I was in a super hurry to get this shot done because we had guests coming over for dinner this night and I didn’t want the dining room a total disaster when they got there.
I seriously need my own studio space. Maybe I can convince the hubby to convert our sitting area in our master bedroom into my studio space. It would be perfect!
Anyway, I didn’t get the shoot finished before they came over and the kitchen and dining were a disaster. Oh well. They got to see me working and a glimpse of what I do every day.
Then we all enjoyed these gorgeous bourbon pineapple smashes with our dinner – the whole smoked chicken that I have coming up in the next couple days!
Let’s make a drink…
Start by dropping 2-3 cubes of pineapple in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add the lemon juice and muddle until the pineapple is fully smashed and juicy.
Smack the mint leaf on the back of your hand a few times then add it to the shaker with the bourbon, bitters, and simple syrup.
Fill the shaker 12 way with ice then cover and shake for 30 seconds to fully incorporate and chill the drink.
Double strain into a rocks glass with one large ice cube. Garnish with a pineapple wheel and a sprig of fresh mint.
Cheers, friends! Happy Sunday.
Bourbon Pineapple Smash
- 2 cubes pineapple
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1 sprig fresh mint leaves
- 2 oz bourbon
- 2 dash Angostura bitters
- 1/2 oz simple syrup optional
- In a cocktail shaker, middle pineapple and lemon juice until fully juiced.
- Smack mint leaf on your hand and add it to the shaker. Add bourbon, bitters, simple syrup to shaker.
- Fill 1/2 way with ice. Cover and shake for 30 seconds to chill and incorporate the drink.
- Double strain into a rocks glass over a large, fresh ice cube. Garnish with a pineapple wheel and fresh mint sprig.
This Post Has 0 Comments