I’ve written about French Bread Pizzas on this little blog before and if you’ve been reading this blog for any amount of time, you know that I love me some quick, simple dinners.
If this is your first time here… HI! Welcome!
There’s nothing better than a dinner that I can throw together in less than 30 minutes.
Especially on those days where the day just gets away from me and I’m still in my pajamas, sitting at the computer, working, the house is a mess, there are dirty dishes in the sink, the baby has toys all over, the hubs just walked in the door, and it’s dinner time.
Seriously. This has happened on more occasions than I care to admit and that I could probably count on both hands and feet!
While I am great about setting “office hours”… it’s the adhering to them that I am terrible at. I am trying to get better.
I have recently streamlined my blogging and work processes – making checklists and things in OneNote – and created a bunch of actions in Photoshop to help speed up my photo editing process (maybe I’ll share some of them on with you soon?).
Since school has begun, I have also been getting up 1 hour earlier than I have to get my oldest up to get ready. This gives me time to start on my to-do list without interruption and I have realized that I can get through about 75% of my list before the rest of the house even wakes up!
Uh, yeah! This should definitely help with keeping my “office hours” and not being stuck behind this computer all day.
Maybe then the dishes will get done? Meh… maybe not.
Anyway, this recipe is perfect for the crazy days when life gets away from you. Things that I usually already have in my pantry already, just added to a soft French bread roll and then baked up in the oven.
Quick and simple BBQ chicken French bread pizzas that my whole family enjoyed and ate every last bite.
This recipe makes 8 servings but if you have a hungry husband or kids then this recipe might only feed 4 people. The hubby ate 4 pizzas just by himself.
BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizzas
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast diced
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 deli rolls
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat, add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until cooked through; about 4-6 minutes.
- Slice bread through center, lengthwise, and place cut-side-up on baking sheet. Spread remaining 1/2 cup BBQ sauce between the 8 roll halves. Top with chicken, onion, and both cheeses.
- Place in 400° F oven for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the bread is slightly crispy.
- Serve immediately, topped with more cheese, BBQ sauce, and Parmesan cheese if desired.